This course aims to provide participants with a conceptual and applied overview of how digital communication and social media are transforming the field of communications through lecturing, exercises, and case studies.
This course aspires to equip leaders with knowledge and understanding of how digital communication and social media can be used for strategic public relations purposes, reputation management and leadership building.
Not only participants will comprehend the basics of a state-of-the-art online communication strategy, but also the value of social media (Return on investment – ROI) in their reputation and leadership building campaign.
Upon successful completion of the course, participants will obtain a Certificate of attendance in “Online Communication & Social Media for Executives”.
- Understand how to align your online communication and social media strategy with corporate goals.
- Be able to plan and to manage a long-term strategy for your online communication platform.
- Be able to integrate content generation, social media, engagement and community building.
- Learn how to establish engagement through storytelling.
- Know how to execute constant evaluation and measurement and how to report to C-Level managers.
Managers, senior and mid-level professionals in Public Relations, Marketing, and eCommerce who have to plan and to implement an integrated strategy for their corporate communication activities.
16 June 2016 (Thursday)
9:30 am – 5:30 pm
English (Course materials in English)
Do you really understand what are online public relations
- Overview of online public relations and social media
- Overview of online communication tools
- The importance of online public relations on corporate reputation
Strategy and Planning
- How to plan a strategy that will shake your boss
Content generation management
- How to touch the heart of your online community
Evaluation and Measurement
- Measurement of online communication
- Competitors and industry monitoring
- How to understand measurement results
- How to use measurement results
Return on investment, the true value of your money
- How to “sell” the investment to your boss
I plan, I generate content, I measure; what’s next?
Mr. Stephane Prud’homme is currently Lecturer of School of Communication of Hang Seng Management College. He has 20 years of professional experience (including 7 years in China), with both international agencies & large Canadian corporations, in Global Strategy, Traditional & Online Public Relations and Marketing, Inbound Marketing, Spokesperson’s & Corporate Credibility, Branding & Reputation for Startups, Strategic Planning for SMEs, International Business Development, Crisis Management.
He has previously worked for major national corporations in Canada, as Strategic Counsellor and National Manager. He has supervised around 450 events and 100+ communication, media relations, and marketing plans. Mr. Prud’homme has been interviewed and quoted 400+ times on major Canadian radio, television networks, and newspapers, as well as on local media around the country.
In 2005, he came with the idea of founding Public Relations Without Borders; two years later, the NGO was set up with the collaboration of a PR professionals group, the volunteers do humanitarian missions in Africa, South America and India since then.
He has also collaborated with the Research Center for Media relations foundation within the Chair in Public Relations (University of Quebec in Montreal); he assumed its leadership from 2003 to 2005.
Hang Seng Management College campus
HK$3800 (Lunch and refreshments are included)