This is not another digital marketing course. This is a course for CEOs, CTOs and CMOs who feel that if they do not take on a different approach now, their businesses or jobs will become irrelevant very soon. Technology disruption is inevitable. Corporates around the world are trying to create their versions of “innovation teams” and their own “innovative product”. If you google “what is the trend of marketing”, “growth hacker” will come up top of the list, yet the position requires an engineering degree to apply.
This course is for business leaders, who are hungry for growth like startups, aiming at a 200% year-on-year growth; who have the courage to reinvent their businesses to disrupt the market like Uber or Airbnb; who do not just embrace technology but understand the need to become a technology company. All these will only be made possible when the business talents join force with the technical talents in the organization. Hence, the goal of this course is to empower Marketing experts and IT experts to appreciate each other’s roles in this technology transformation and start to create a new product together to sustain their company’s growth.
Upon successful completion of the course, participants will obtain a Certificate of attendance in “Innovation and Creative Thinking for e-Marketing”.
- Participants will learn to re-examine their existing unfair advantages and leverage them into scaling business growth.
- Participants will learn the mental exercises and tools that help coming up with product ideas that customers actually want.
- Participants will experience first-hand the power of drawing and different business visualization frameworks to facilitate communication between the Marketing team and the IT team.
- Participants will be able to grasp the key milestones of a development project, learn the basics to draft project requirements to vendors, and the checkpoints to ensure innovation projects to be delivered on time and with quality.
- Participants will be able to draw flowcharts and diagrams that turn ideas into something both Marketing and IT can work on.
- Participants will appreciate the power of growth hacking and learn the concept of minimal viable product (MVP) and tools to rapid prototyping.
Business leaders, Marketing experts and IT experts who need a different approach to sustain their company’s growth
14 October 2016 (Friday)
9:30 am to 5:30 pm
Cantonese supplemented with English (Course materials in English)
Day 2 Digital Development Process
The Innovation Process
- Unpacking the innovation process by GreenTomato’s real project cases.
- What is the necessary workflow involved?
- Understand the purpose of different documentations.
- Understand the importance of meetings and client involvements.
- Teams involved and their roles and responsibilities in each checkpoint.
- How to draft requirements to technical vendors and qualifying a good innovation proposal (the design part & the technical part).
- Exercise: A live walkthrough of an agile development process and introduction of Trello
- Exercise: Wireframing with Sketch
- Growth hacking is a new, low-budget form of marketing aimed at rapid growth.
- Exhaust different digital channels to target the right group of consumers.
- What does it mean by implanting a viral hook in your product.
- Effective use of landing page and product videos as the first growth hacking step.
- Smart use of FB ad and mailing list to retain users.
- Understand the ever-evolving nature of the product by being data-driven in evaluating performance.
- Introduction to interactive tools for rapid prototyping, landing page, MVP, FB Ad, Mailchimp and Google Analytics (GA)
Ms. Jacqueline Chong is the chief strategy officer, technical marketer and key spokesperson for Green Tomato Ltd. and GTGroup Startups. She is responsible to ensure success of the company, from marketing to talents management, and everything that leads to the growth of GTGroup. In her last role of Chief Marketing Officer, she was responsible for growing GreenTomato’s projects and products to audience around the world. She holds her master’s degree from the University of Warwick in Creative and Media Enterprises. She played business development and marketing roles at Monster.com and Macmillan Publishers. She also participates in the judging of Hong Kong ICT Awards.
Hang Seng Managment College campus
HK $3800 for entire course (2 Days)
HK $1980 for selective course (1 Day)
(Lunch and refreshments are included)
*Hang Seng Management College / Hang Seng School of Commerce.
^Please refer to EDC website for a list of organisations under “Friends of EDC-Corporate”
Remarks: Each participant cannot enjoy more than one discount offer simultaneously.